Want to sell your house “For Sale By Owner” to avoid paying real estate agent commissions? Use this FSBO To-Do List to ensure your FSBO home sell works!
Step #1: Pricing Your Home
- Compare House to the “Comps”. Compare your house to the “local comps” in the last 3 months, as well active listings. Adjust price expectation based on size, condition, year built, appeal, BR/BA, and amenities. Find comps and info on Zillow, Redfin, and local county appraiser.
- Compare to active listings. Active lists tell you about the market right now – you must price under the direct comps to sell in a shorter time frame.
- Free Home Evaluation or Comparative Market Analysis. Real estate agents, investors, and FSBO sites provide up to date information for free.
- List of Home Features. Make a list of all features you’re house offers, such as garage, pool, new roof. This helps in comparing to the neighborhood and negotiations.
- Decide If You Need An Appraiser. Not sure how to price your house? Pay an appraiser several hundred dollars for a professional price opinion.
- Consider Your Goals. Are you willing to pay to repair the house? How fast do you want to sell? Easy process with a cash offer? If you don’t want to do repairs and sell fast for with hassle free cash offer, adjust price accordingly.
Step #2: Preparing Your Home
- Sell “As-Is”. Professional home buyers buy houses “as-is” – fair cash offers in less than 24-hours. You don’t spend time, energy, money preparing. It is not advisable to do “repairs” while you live at the property: it is a slower and by the end, the initial renovations are worn.
- Remove Yard Clutter
- Landscape (mow, water, weeds, prune trees/bushes, gardening)
- Clean Entry (repaint, replace front door, burnt bulbs, welcome mat)
- Clean Outdoor Items (Grill, barceque, lawn furniture)
- Fix Outdoor Structures (broken decks, missing screens, patio cracks)
- Remove Excessive Items (furniture, collectibles, photographs)
- Deep Clean (closets, bathrooms, cabinets, counters, table tops, appliances, carpets)
- Minimize Pets (wash and clean pets and heavily used areas)
- Search local contractors/handy-men for bigger tasks
- Decide if home staging is right for you.
Step #3: Find A Buyer Options
- Search for professional cash home buyers. Google “sell my house” and to find “we buy houses” companies. This is ideal for houses needing repairs (mortgage financing is not possible) to close fast without multiple showings to strangers.
- List your home on FSBO websites. ForSaleByOwner, FSBO, and HomesByOwner are websites to list your home. They offer support and exposure full realtor commission. Downside you design a marketing plan, consult with attorneys, appraisers, and pay hundreds the full plans.
- Flat-Fee Listing. MLS listing for a few hundred dollars via “flat fee listing”. Don’t pay commission, but do all the work: repairs, staging, assessing buyers and offers, showings, legal docs.
Want a fast cash offer on any Florida property? Give us a call (954) 676-1846 or fill out the form below!
Your privacy is important to us. We won’t share or sell your info.