South Florida homeowners typically have two options for selling their house: (1) listing with a real estate agent on the MLS, or (2) selling to a real estate investor. Both options have their benefits. Selling a home directly to a real estate investor can be a great solution for homeowners, and here are the top five reasons:
- Cash In Your Pocket Now. Real estate investors buy properties for cash. If a homeowner needs money for any reason (relocation, bills, etc.), a cash sale is the fastest way for the homeowner to get money in their pocket. House Heroes guarantees fast and fair cash offers in under 24-hours.
- As-Is. Many homeowners are stuck with hard to sell houses because of long overdue repairs and property damage. Fixing a home takes months. Homeowners are not trained or experienced in repairing homes, and can lose tens of thousands of dollars in the process. Home renovations require hiring and managing contractors, and homeowners often fall victim to outright scams or shoddy repair work. For out-of-state homeowners, fixing a damaged home remotely is nearly impossible. Avoid the “home repair nightmare” by selling to a real estate investor. Real estate investors buy houses as-is, no matter the condition, and specialize in restoring homes to their former glory.
- Fast Closings. Conventional home sales through the MLS take months to close, even after finding a buyer and agreeing on price. Homeowners must anxiously await appraisals, inspections, and financing approval. On the other hand, real estate investors close fast without procedural hassles. House Heroes guarantees a fast cash offer immediately, a home visit within 48-hours, and can close in less than 7-days.
- No Real Estate Agent Commissions. Florida realtors commonly charge around 6% in commission and fees for selling your home. Since real estate investors don’t charge commissions or fees, homeowners save thousands in fees by selling directly to an investor. Houses needing repairs will likely sold to investors anyway for a similar price – the realtor fees in that situation provide limited benefit. That said, homeowners should consider the benefits of hiring a realtor. We are always open to discuss this option and make a referral.
- No Mortgage Financing. MLS home sales take months (in some cases years) and nothing is worse than the sale falling through at the finish line. Unfortunately, this happens all the time when selling a home to a person that must qualify for a conventional mortgage. In today’s market, many people have bad credit and low income, and banks deny mortgages at the last minute. Lenders also have increasingly stringent guidelines to satisfy before approving mortgages. Cash investors like House Heroes don’t need conventional mortgages and so you don’t have to worry about the buyer qualifying for financing.
Selling your home to a real estate investor is terrific option for a fast and hassle free house sale. However, every situation is unique and sometimes selling through a licensed real estate agent is the right move. At House Heroes, we take pride in giving homeowners upfront advice on whether selling to us or through a realtor is the best decision. Call us today at (954) 676-1846 and let’s discuss your options!