In today’s fast paced online world, chances are you’ve seen some advertisements for “we buy houses” companies in Miami. These companies are reportedly “professional cash home buyers.” Unfortunately, many are nothing of the sort.
Are any of these real estate investment companies credible? Of course. Like any walk of life, some are honest and trustworthy. Others should be avoided at all costs. Learn how to tell the difference below!
How To Tell If a Miami “We Buy Houses” Company is Credible
How to know if a Miami-based home buyer is credible, honest, and trusthworthy? It’s not hard if you know what to look for.
Sometimes different companies might look the same at first… but below we’ll you through what to watch out for when deciding whether or not to work with a local cash home buyer.
Real estate investment is a valid and respectable profession that can improve communities and assist house sellers. However, there are a minority of house buyers that make the rest of us look bad. House Heroes prides it’s on providing exceptional customer service and full honesty. You can see live video testimonials here.
On the other hand, there are shady and unscrupulous people in the industry who put their own profits ahead of good business. The only thing that matters to them is making a buck. Yes, they are out there.
We’ll help you avoid these unethical home buyers so you can work only with the best local companies who can really buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
How Legitimate Miami House Buyers Operate
- Helping homeowners by providing access to money if they need it immediately. People often need to sell their quick for cash in order to cover un
expected expenses, such as relocation or medical expenses. Fast cash sales may also be needed to avoid foreclosure or tax auctions. We buy Miami-Dade County houses in just a few days.
- Sell burdensome property without the hassle listing it on the MLS with a realtor, waiting months for the sale, and then paying 6% commissions.
- Local job creation!We hire contractors, brokers, local handy-men, transportation companies, title agents, and many others in the local Miami community. Our transactions touch almost 100 local workers all of which share in the money used to renovate property.
- Increasing the value of Miami neighborhoods.Our quality home improvements increase the value of the neighborhood. If you are selling a house that needs work, we repair it even if it is abandoned or neglected, turning it into “home” for a family. This strengthens the entire South Florida market.
- Increasing public tax revenue. Improved property collects higher tax rates. This allows local government to use additional moneys for hiring public employees (teachers, police) and engage in other neighborhood revitalization (roads, clean-up). Again, improving our neighborhoods.
All the benefits of a local cash buyer willing to renovate add up to a create community contributor.
Some people mis-understand professional home buying companies – thinking it’s a joke or scheme. This is largely due to “HGTV” coverage that doesn’t really cover how the business works. Day to day, we’re mostly on the phone with clients, working with contractors to repair properties, and securing cash funding for home sellers. The majority of House Heroes work is coordinating with home sellers and other real estate professionals to make sure property is purchased, rehabbed, and sold quickly and efficiently. There is lots of moving parts.
If you’ve followed so far, let’s dig in now to how you can use this info to ensure you are working with a credible and trustworthy Miami home buyer.
Ways Ensure You A Trustworthy Florida Cash Home Buyer House Buyer
When speaking to a prospective professional to purchase your ask, ask the “right” questions to make sure they are knowledge, honest, and really able to help. Here are some good questions:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the most proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings”– If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing– If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at House Heroes do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Unscrupulous cash buyers may be looking to take advantage of you. Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are that, as soon as you ask a few good questions, they’ll “make up” a reason they need to get off the phone and you won’t hear back.
True investors who run honest and ethical house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Miami companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!